1. The skin is considered the largest organ in the human body
2. The skin loses about 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells from the surface almost every minute
3. The skin renews itself every 28 days
4. The skin contains a protein called keratin which is also found in hair and nails.
5. Goose bumps actually help retain a layer of warm air over our body.
6. The thinnest layer of skin is around the eyes, particularly the eyelids.
7. Sometimes, changes in your skin can signal changes in your health as a whole.
8. Skin measures about 1 mm thick at birth and grows to about 2-3 mm thick by adulthood.
9. Each 5 square cm of skin may have up to 600 sweat glands.
10. The skin of an average adult weighs 8-10 pounds and averages an area of about 22 square feet.
|Re: Will the new Alternative for Germany party find significant backing? by Tomtom||May 21, 2013, 02:34:07 PM|
|Will the new Alternative for Germany party find significant backing? by Timothy||May 03, 2013, 01:44:04 PM|
|Should Turkey be allowed into the EU? by Timothy||May 03, 2013, 01:42:36 PM|
|Are Bavarian politicians overpaid? by Timothy||May 03, 2013, 01:41:42 PM|